In any medical examination, the patient’s history and main concern can be the most important information. That’s why, for your examination, Dr. Ales allows for ample appointment time so you’ll receive thorough, thoughtful care for you and your family.
Checking for eye pressure, “the glaucoma test,” is now such an easy no stress experience for patients of all ages. Gone is our air puff tester, donated to Kenya Relief Medical Mission where Dr. Ales has gone many times.
Birmingham, Michigan is a shopping destination, no doubt, and is surrounded by some of the best medical care facilities, including eye care, in the country. Therefore, Dr. Joe Ales has remained committed to addressing his patients in a thorough, thoughtful manner much like days past, when you spent more time with the doctor, and less figuring your insurance, but with today’s technology.
Optik has teamed up with Zeiss, an industry leader, who offers many new products including:
Zeiss i.Scription® Techology
We use Zeiss equipment, including the i.Profiler® measurement tool to ensure the best results possible.
The advantages of i.Scription® include:
- Greater safety in situations with poor light
- Excellent depth of field
- Razor-sharp contrast
- Optimum lenses with special properties for conditions with reduced contrast, e.g. at night and in twilight
An all-day lens and coating solution designed for patients who need the most help with vision while driving. ZEISS DriveSafe’s unique technology addresses the most stressful visual challenges drivers face today.
- Co-management LASIK and cataracts, emergent eye care, and acute red eye
- Contact Lens Fitting – including specialty lenses for astigmatism or bifocals for adults and children.
- Computer Eye Strain – usually is caused by a multitude of factors. Those causal factors are investigated and remedies could be simple workplace adjustments, glasses, or both.
- Children’s Visual Development – continues from birth to about age 9, and eye muscle imbalance can be the main reason many kids have reading difficulties.
- Finishing Lab – Since we have our own finishing lab, that means we can make your glasses quickly and perfectly! When necessary be assured we use the best lab in the area. We remain committed to offering the latest greatest lens materials available. Also, we fill prescriptions from other doctors (all the time).
- Dr. Ales is available for urgent needs to treat eye infections, eye trauma like corneal abrasions, and to co-manage cataract surgery and LASIK surgery cases with area specialists from Oakland Ophthalmic Surgery in Birmingham and Troy.